Friday, March 23, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101--Day 3 Tags

We are on day 5 of class.  See the title of this blog post?  Yes, I'm running behind!  No classes on the weekend so I do have time to catch up.  Here are my day 3 tags


I do not have the full compliment of Ranger products so I'm substituting where necessary.  I do want to improve my Ranger stash but will do so over time--and I'll go back and recreate the tags with all things Ranger as I acquire new, fun things.  I think it will provide an interesting comparison.

The first tag  illustrates the Alcohol Ink Agates technique.


I used Ranger Alcohol Inks, Mixatives and Glossy Card Stock, Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous stamp set and StazOn Jet Black.

The next tag shows the Archival Resist Technique.  I do realize that my sentiment is crooked and made a note in my stamp binder to watch for that the next time I use that stamp.


The surface is Ranger Glossy Card Stock.  I also used Tim Holtz Distress Ink, StazOn Jet Black and Memento (orange/yellow/red).  The leaf stamp is by Stampendous and sentiment is from Wendy Vecchi.  The dots are just regular old bubble wrap and the chevron grid pattern is from plastic needlepoint canvas cut at right angles.

The third tag was a troublesome little thing but I really do like the result.  It was worth all the effort, took 4 tries!, at least to me.  Now that I've had some practice, I don't think the next time will take so long.


This technique goes straight onto a manila tag.  The embossing folder is from The Paper Studio.  The stamps are from Fiskars Harlequin set.  I used StazOn Jet Black and Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

Thank you so much for looking.  I'm elbow deep (and oh so colorful) in Day 4's tags!

No comments:

Post a Comment