Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Two Techniques, Double the Fun

Tami Bayer, lead at Fiskateers.com, hosted a Stamp Out online crop a few weeks ago.  This card had some issues and didn't make the stamp out deadline but I'm happy to post it here, now.  


The background utilizes Tim Holtz' brushless watercolor and rock candy distress stickles techniques.  The background stamp is from Fiskars Plumage set and I generously applied additional distress ink with blending tool and foam before doing the rock candy part.  

The book plate is Anna Griffin (a bargain set from Tuesday Morning).  This is where I ran into trouble.  I stamped "cheers" (Fiskars stamp) with Fiskars navy pigment ink on white card stock and heat set.  I then went over that with various blue/blue green shades of distress ink.  All good.  I adhered my card stock to the book plate with Glossy Accents, still good.  Then I added more glossy accents to fill in the "air space" between the stamped/inked paper and the inside edge of the bookplate.  Still doing fine!  Set aside to dry.  No problem until I dropped a couple of pens into my Glossy Accents--no, no, no!  Round 2 worked even better when I placed that bookplate across the room!  

Additional notes on the bookplate--I used my Fiskars fingertip craft knife and # 5 micro tip scissors to cut away excess card stock after everything was good and set.  I used a push pin to drill through the holes on each end to run some $ Store fiber through them.

Thanks so much for looking at my fun to make card.  Oh, I actually used some 400 series Strathmore Watercolor Paper for the card base--nice and substantial for a special card.

No comments:

Post a Comment