Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Few Cards for a Fiskateer Challenge

Lead Fiskateer Tami Bayer hosts a monthly color challenge at Fiskateers.com.  April's prompt was NEON and it really took me back down my memory late--about 4 decades!  Both cards utilize Michael's Recollections brand card stock and Fiskars Give it a Swirl, Cupcake, Apron Lace, Threading Water and Lace border punches.


The hat on this card has little tabs along each side that I folded under.  The tabs are attached to provide a slight bend to the party hat.   The purple flower trim was made from purple tissue paper.  Each flower consists of 8 layers of tissue punched with the Fiskars Seal of Approval squeeze punch.  I used stickers for the Celebrate and 21.  The 21 has a thin layer of black stickles on top.  I cut the numbers from the sticker sheet and applied the stickles to the sheet.  When dry, I carefully peeled the numbers from the sheet.

Here's a different variation of the same card design


For the trim on this card, I gathered sections of crepe paper streamers by hand basting with thread.  Stamped Celebrate! with Fiskars Simple Stick Birthday Cheer stamp set.  I decided to skip the tabs and bendy front on this card and just use pop dots to attach the party hat.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope all your celebrations are NEON bright and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment