Friday, January 22, 2010

FUN TIMES AHEAD & WEEK 3 of HOMEMADE FAMILIES!

You know CHA is happening out in California, right?  Didn't get to go, like me?  Then what are you doing for fun this weekend?  If you are looking for activity then join Debby Lewis on her new ning.com site (see Debby's Dare blog link on the right, in my favorite blogs, to find more info) for a  terrific online crop tomorrow, 1/23, starting at 1 pm EST.  The Fiskateers (once again, look to the right for the blinkie) are also having a bit of an online crop but their crop is going to be hoppin' for 5 days!  It starts at 7, I think, tomorrow morning.  I expect a bunch of different Fiskateers to help with crop hostess duties on Saturday plus a few of our Fiskateer celebrities to jump in after that.  Don't miss out on all the fun!

My latest Homemade Families layouts are complete!  This is week 3 of Debby Lewis' Homemade Families 52 week challenge.  Here is my two page spread



And this is the left side, with the recipe

 

I used MS Office clip art for the knives and forks in the "M" of the title.  The "D" is a drawing of a pastry blender that I found and copied from the internet.  There is no pastry in this recipe but I couldn't think of any other D shaped kitchen tool!  The checked pp is an MS Office background texture.  I also used the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch around the recipe.  The little birdie is a Heidi Grace "We Are Family" acrylic stamp on an EK Success 1 inch circle punch.  It's layered on the 1.5 inch Seal of Approval scalloped circle punch from Fiskars.

This is the right side of the spread

 

It has a few more little birdies, photos of me (I'm in the blue shirt) and friends and some journaling.  The photos are a tad degraded but they are 30 years old!  Why not scrap the older photos?  I did the journaling block in MS PowerPoint--basic shape outline with a 6 pt line and Lucinda Handwriting font.

Thanks so much for visiting.  I welcome your comments.  Please join our on line crops this weekend if you can and want to have a whole lot of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment