Monday, January 25, 2010

WHAT A WEEKEND! PLUS A LAYOUT

The challenges were flowing fast and furious during this weekend's online crops at the Fiskateers and Dare 2 Dream!  And guess what Chickie's?  The Fiskateers crop continues until Wednesday, January 27! Can we do it?  Yes, we can!  Well, maybe.  I have to find my craft table first!  Cleaning chores are my first priority when I finish this post.  Then I'm going to put together a layout for a Fiskateers challenge--create a layout with the consecutive letters, CHA, in the title.  Maybe I will share that one tomorrow!

Today's layout is from one of Saturday's Fiskateer Challenges, Embellish your Embellishments.  The required item was embellished chipboard.  I chose to embellish my  naked chipboard title (Best Occasions), Full Moon, by painting it with Perfect Pearls (Ranger).  I thought I had an oops moment because I forgot to paint or paper the chipboard first--but, the Pearls covered just fine without taking the extra step.



All papers are from DCWV except for the silver portions of the triple mat which is Wausau Papers.  I used the Fiskars  Pearls of Wisdom corner squeeze punch on the mat.  The silver ribbon is from ki Memories and I picked up the gem clip stars at Office Depot.  A bit of adhesive and some dark blue embroidery floss and I was done.

The photo was taken in December, 2008 while vacationing in Aruba.  There is a companion to this page but it is nothing special--just more moon photos and very basic journaling.

Thanks for dropping in.  What did you do crafty this weekend?  I love hearing from you so leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment