Sunday, January 17, 2010

VOTIVE CANDLE HOLDERS

So many times our hand made gifts naturally fall into the homey, shabby chic, vintage style.  While I personally love that style, it doesn't fit in everyone's decor or taste.  I made these for a Christmas gift with that thought in mind.  I got the original idea from the FiskarsCrafts.com site but the example used there incorporated candy filled jars.



I found the two sleek vases (about 7 inches tall), two urn shaped votive candle jars and a basket of shells at the dollar store.  I took a strip of three inch wide Magic Mesh and cut it in half lengthwise and wrapped the lengths around the vases, overlapping at the front.  Then I took some basic twine to wrap and make a bow over the mesh.  The ends of the twine have a few beads knotted on.  The beads were clear so I altered with a little Latte alcohol ink from Adirondak/Ranger.  Next came the simple assembly--arranging the shells in the vases and plopping on the votives.  An easy, inexpensive project and a cute gift for almost any occasion.

Thank you for stopping by Traveling Down A Crafty Road.  Hope your Sunday is grand!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute vases and the price well you cant beat that can you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those are great! They'd be a perfect gift for my Mom ;)

    ReplyDelete